The accommodation of the Artistic Residency, which is 5 minutes walking from the studio, is installed in an old primary school built in 1981, on the initiative of the mothers of the village of Alfeiria. The adaptation of the school in a house to welcome the creators, praises the entrepreneurial spirit of these mothers, preserving their memory and maintaining the school house dedicated to learning and knowledge sharing.
With two single rooms and a double room, the house simultaneously accommodates 3 to 4 people, It has a bathroom, a kitchen and a common living and dining room.
It also has an art library with a predominance of monographs and exhibition catalogs by Portuguese artists.
The house has a lot of natural light and is surrounded by a large outdoor space with open views over the valley.
- wi-fi, water, electricity and heating
- kitchen equipped with fridge, stove and oven, kettle, coffee maker, toaster, microwave and a table
- shared toilet and shower
- the washing machine and dryer house is located in the studio’s facilities.
- general cleaning per week, including the change of bed linen and towels
- individual clothes are handled by the resident and can be washed in the washing machine that exists in the studio’s facilities or in a laundry nearby
- residents will be able to do their grocery shopping in the village of Alfeiria within 5 minutes walking, or buy from street vendors, who stop in the villages of Maceira and Alfeiria on scheduled days during the week. It is also possible to go to a nearby supermarket, previously asking for transport
- the artists and researchers in Residency are responsible for keeping private and common indoor and outdoor spaces clean, for the good use of equipment and for saving energy consumption
- the accommodation is located close to houses in the village, so make sure you do not make noise after 10 pm
- the environment in the village must be respected and preserved